Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious Amish recipe for cheesy scalloped potatoes. We also add ham to this recipe. Yum.
- 6 -8 medium potatoes
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (can use American)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- ham (optional)
- Grease an oblong (preferably Glass) cake pan.
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- Heat milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Thicken with cornstarch if needed.
- Cut cheese into small pieces and add to the milk mixture.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add potatoes.
- Add ham (optional).
- Put potato cheese mixture in greased cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.