Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I always serve this at Christmas.
- 1 pint oyster
- 2 cups coarse cracker crumbs (saltines)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Drain oysters, reserving 1/4 c liquor.
- Combine crumbs and butter.
- Spread 1/3 of the crumbs in an 8 X 1 1/2 inch round pan.
- Cover with half of the oysters.
- Add another third of the crumbs and the other half of the oysters.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Combine cream, reserved oyster liquor, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over oysters.
- Top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.