Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Old fashioned Pork Chop Meal
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced apples, drained
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raisin
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 center-cut pork chops, 3/4 "
- salt and pepper
- Divide apple slices into two equal batches.
- Put apples on each end of a shallow baking dish.
- Cut sweet potatoes into thick slices and put in the center of the dish.
- Sprinkle with raisins, then with brown sugar and nutmeg.
- Mix jelly and mustard, beating until smooth.
- Trim excess fat from chops.
- Place chops over sweet potatoes and apples.
- Top with jelly-mustard mix.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 1 1/2 hours or until chops are tender.
I just tried this and it has a very good flavor. I used grape jelly and omitted raisins which I didn't have. I also put in a mix of russet potato and yam. I will try this again and just stick with the yam the potato doesn't marry well with the other flavors. Finally issue I had was I used very lean boneless chops I took them out a half hour before the rest and they were dry, so I think I needed a thicker chop.
Definitely a keeper and a recipe I'll try again to master.
This was fantastic!! Really easy to make and delicious. I followed the directions except I didn't cook the sweet potatoes first and they were perfect. This is a definite keeper... I'll be making this often.
We really liked this dish. It's nice that it's something different to do with porkchops! I followed the recipe except that I did not have currant jelly so I used some grape and a little strawberry. I didn't cook the sweet potatoes first, I just cut peeled and cut them up and they were perfect that way. I will be making this again. Thank you!