Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just found this recipe in one of local Grocery Store flyers- sounds Delish!! Thought I'd post it for everyone to give it a whirl -
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped (or paste)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 4 cups fettuccine, cooked
- In a pan, cook bacon strips, until golden brown. Cool, then chop.
- Add onions, pepper, garlic, and thyme and cook until onions are translucent. Add cream and bring to a boil, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the scallops and cook just until done, about 8 minutes.
- Toss the sauce with the cooked pasta or spoon sauce over the pasta.
- Grate fresh parmesan cheese on top and serve with a side of garlic b4read.
This recipe is very good and a favorite in our house, I substitute the scallops for chicken sometimes and it turns out just as good *Tip for a quick supper buy the pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, I usually just use the white meat but I'm sure you could use the dark too.
This dish is delicious! it's now a favorite in my house! I do put a little cornstartch in the cream to help it thicken.