Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
Bruschetta is one of my favourite entree/snacks. As soon as I seen the RSC #10 ingredients I instantly thought BRUSCHETTA. You can choose any type of white bread you like but it needs to be thick.
- 4 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground oregano
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 scallops
- 2 slices white bread, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 garlic
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 capers, diced
- Tomatoes Mixture: Dice cherry tomatoes and red onions and add them to a small mixing bowl. Add parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and oregano. Set aside.
- Spray olive oil on pan and cook scallops for about 4 minutes each side until both sides are browned.
- Toast breads and rub halved garlic on one side of each toasted bread, then discard garlic.
- Brush olive oil on bread (same side as the rubbed garlic) and add 'tomatoes mixture' on top (evenly on both breads).
- Place 2 grilled/cooked scallops on top each Bruschetta.
- Garnish with capers.
- Enjoy for lunch, entree or snack.
Scrumptious! I made as directed, except I had huge fresh scallops, so I cut each into 6 pieces and topped the bruschetta with the pieces. What an amazing start to the meal - thanks for the great recipe!
Great summer dinner. Absolutely fabulous. I subbed basil for oregeno because I had some fresh in the garden, large garden tomatoes instead of cherry. I have to admit this is the kind of recipe I don't measure so it probably had extra garlic and basil. Used large sea scallops for a truly splendid dinner. Quick, easy, but elegant.
Chosen for Hidden Gems Tag This is a great recipe for guests or for Sunday at home to make you feel special. First it is so easy to put together and it tastes like a 5 star restaurant served it up. I am in my seafood stage for Zaar and this was made wit several other recipes for PAC. I had all inrediants on hand (even capers). I quadrupled the recipe as we had guests over and it still took me less than 30 minutes to do all of them. Served on top of crusty italian bread sliced 3//4 in. thick and toasted in my toaster oven. Made 1/2 with capers and 1/2 without. The flavors are tremendous! Thank you for a great do again recipe. This is in my seafood cookbook.