A lower fat version of scallop bisque.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces bay scallops, the tiny ones
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a large soup pot, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 2Add the shallots, carrots, both bell peppers, and celery. Cook, stirring often for about 7-8 minutes.
- 3Add flour and stir until flour dissolves; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Whisk in the milk, and broth and whisk until smooth.
- 5Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until all veggies are tender.
- 6Use a hand immersion blender/blender/food preocessor and puree the soup mixture until smooth. Return to the pot.
- 7Add the scallops and cook over medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- 8Remove from heat; stir in the lemon juice, sugar, salt, paprika and sour cream.
- 9Stir very well.
- 10Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with the fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallop Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (813 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.1
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 60.7 mg
- Sodium 1371.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 29.3 g