Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lower fat version of scallop bisque.
Make and share this Scallop Bisque recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces bay scallops, the tiny ones
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large soup pot, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the shallots, carrots, both bell peppers, and celery. Cook, stirring often for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until flour dissolves; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk, and broth and whisk until smooth.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until all veggies are tender.
- Use a hand immersion blender/blender/food preocessor and puree the soup mixture until smooth. Return to the pot.
- Add the scallops and cook over medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- Remove from heat; stir in the lemon juice, sugar, salt, paprika and sour cream.
- Stir very well.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with the fresh parsley.