Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
From the internet
Top Review by Becky in Wisconsin
***MADE FOR THE "PAPA D" COOKATHON - In Memory***
This was a simple dish to make and oh so good. I made recipe as is except I added about 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes to the oil before I put in the scallops, mushrooms, and garlic. Just for a little heat. More could probably added. Thanks for this recipe. You will be greatly missed on this site.
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch lengths
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 12 ounces sea scallops, halved
- 1 cup white mushroom, trimmed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil one inch of water in a large saucepan.
- Add the asparagus and cook, covered for 3-5 minutes (Do not overcook).
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce, and blend until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or wok over high heat until hot.
- Fold in the scallops, mushrooms, garlic and sesame oil and stir-fry for about 4 minutes, or until scallops are opaque throughout.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook, continuing to stir until the sauce thickens and boils.
- Add the asparagus, cherry tomatoes and scallions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir-fry until heated through, and then serve over rice or pasta.