A coconut vegetable stew which is very popular in Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia......Just one serving will not satisfy your craving for Sayur Lodeh!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 turnip
- 250 g firm tofu
- 1 1/2 cups cut green beans
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1Chop all the spice blend ingredients and add them to the blender, except.
- 2the chilli powder. Blend it into a paste.
- 3Combine coconut milk and water to form "thin coconut milk". Cut all the.
- 4vegetables into small cubes and sticks.
- 5After all the spices are blended, add chilli powder according to your.
- 6tastes. Fry it in oil till the oils in the paste ooze out. DO NOT BURN IT!
- 7Add thin coconut milk and bring it to a gentle boil. Dump in all the.
- 8vegetables and tofu and simmer it till the vegetables are tender. Add salt to.
- 10PS: Adding pepper is not reccomended.
- 11Serve your Sayur Lodeh over rice.
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sayur Lodeh
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.2
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 182.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: