Recipe by COOKGIRl
For a dairy-free version substitute yellow watermelon, cantaloupe, yellow or orange bell pepper, orange slices, etc. Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled. From craftymoods.com. Photo by Cookgirl and art direction by --Tasty Dish--. Bing cherries, raisins, currants, dried dates/figs, etc. can replace the grapes as a suggestion.
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (orange)
- whole red seedless grapes (about 12 grapes)
- 1 stalk celery & leaves, intact
Directions See How It's Made
- ^^SEE PHOTO^^ above for assembly guidance.
- Sunflower: Slice the cheese into 1/4" thick triangles.
- Petals: Arrange half of the cheese triangles on a large platter in a circle with the pointy ends facing out. Repeat by placing the second set of triangles on top of the first row, overlapping the petals in between the bottom ones.
- Place enough grapes to fill the center, cut side facing down. *Warning* for young children: To avoid choking, you should slice the grapes in half or quarters.
- Sunflower stem: Place the celery stalk at the bottom of the cheese circle.