Recipe by Tebo
A form of scalloped potatoes to enjoy. Other cheeses or a mixture of cheeses can be tried, but I find Swiss Cheese to be the best
Top Review by Sudie
This recipe was gobbled up by my DH, The Irishman Who Hates Potatoes. I used low-fat cheese as the only change. It was beautiful and would be a lovely dish for company. We all enjoyed it very much.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups beaufort cheese or 1 1⁄4 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry potato slices and place thin layer in a buttered casserole.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a layer of cheese.
- Continue layering and seasoning ending with cheese.
- Pour bouillon over the cheese and dot with butter.
- Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours until all liquid has evaporated.