A Sally Wise recipe from her cookbook "From My Kitchen to Yours". This pastry can be used for pies or tarts. Sally suggests that you can add 2 teaspoons of geatine/gelatin powder that has been sprinkled over 1/4 cup water and left to stand for 10 minutes. Add the gelatin with the egg and an addditional tablespoon of flour. The gelatine makes the pastry easier to roll but is not a necessity. Use this pastry in your recipes to make savoury pies or tarts and bake according to the recipe being used. I haven't yet tried this recipe
My Private Note
grams p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the flour, salt and cubed butter into a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. (If you dont have a food processor, you can rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips).
- 2Turn out of the bowl and make a well into the centre.
- 3Briefly mix the egg yolk with the lemon juice and combine with the water.
- 4Pour the egg/lemon mic into the well and mix with a metal spoonuntil smooth. Only add extra water if necessary to bring the dough together.
- 5Shape the dough into a ball, cover with cling warp and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
Browse Our Top Australian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Australian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Gluten-Free Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.9
- Calories from Fat 689
- Total Fat 76.6 g
- Saturated Fat 47.4 g
- Cholesterol 358.3 mg
- Sodium 1810.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free self-raising flour