Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice refreshing summer salad. Great as a starter before pasta.
- 1 -3 lb cantaloupe, cut into cubes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 slices soppressata (salami, cut into thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1⁄2 lb goat cheese
- 6 slices country bread
- Season melon cubes.
- Add vinegar.
- Garnish with salami and chives.
- Spread cheese on bread and serve alongside.
Made & served this with a crusty wheat bread as a not-so-usual lunch, at least for the 2 of us! Enjoyed the combo of flavors from the soppressata, goat cheese & cantaloupe! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]