1/1 Photo of Savoury Bread and Butter Pudding
A very good side dish for many different main courses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a little of the butter to fry the onion, paprika and the garlic until they are soft.
- 2Use the rest of the butter to spread on the bread and grease an ovenproof dish.
- 3Cut each slice of bread into triangles and arrange 6 slices, butter side up, in the dish.
- 4Sprinkle over half the onion-garlic mix and half the cheese.
- 5Arrange the remaining slices on top, this time with the butter side facing down, and top this with the rest of the onion-garlic and the cheese In a jug mix together the yolk, eggs, milk and seasoning.
- 6Pour the egg-mixture over the bread.
- 7Cover and leave for 30 minutes minimal, maximal 2 hours.
- 8Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 9Uncover the pudding; bake for 40 to 45 minutes until brown and the custard has set.
- 10Serve with the parsley sprinkled over.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Bread and Butter Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.0
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 208.3 mg
- Sodium 522.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 14.7 g