A very good side dish for many different main courses.
Make and share this Savoury Bread and Butter Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Use a little of the butter to fry the onion, paprika and the garlic until they are soft.
- Use the rest of the butter to spread on the bread and grease an ovenproof dish.
- Cut each slice of bread into triangles and arrange 6 slices, butter side up, in the dish.
- Sprinkle over half the onion-garlic mix and half the cheese.
- Arrange the remaining slices on top, this time with the butter side facing down, and top this with the rest of the onion-garlic and the cheese In a jug mix together the yolk, eggs, milk and seasoning.
- Pour the egg-mixture over the bread.
- Cover and leave for 30 minutes minimal, maximal 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Uncover the pudding; bake for 40 to 45 minutes until brown and the custard has set.
- Serve with the parsley sprinkled over.