Recipe by Highland Lass
This wonderful sauce will enhance grilled or roasted chicken and duck. Credit goes to Gingerich Farms - a U.S. blueberry farm. Warning: Sauce will stain wooden spoons, linen napkins and white tank tops
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute shallots in butter in a small saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add cornstarch and herbs; cook until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Add wine, water and stir in blueberries.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens.
- Simmer on low for two minutes.
- Puddle a spoonful of sauce on each plate and drizzle over chicken or duck.