1/1 Photo of Savory Spinach Artichoke Bread Pudding
1 hr 20 mins
I saw Emeril make this and just HAD to have it. It is so delicious! I recently had a house full and this is an excellent recipe for a crowd. I got RAVE reviews and many requests for this recipe... (and some catering offers too!) It doubles well into two half pans for a chaffing dish. I made some alterations in the recipe of my own because it was entirely too rich for my taste the way it was written. I halved the amount of brie, and cut back on the amount of cream (went from 3cups cream, 2 cups milk to the other way around) I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did with the "slim down" (hardly) that I did. Leftovers make a nice lunch with a salad on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs spinach, washed
- 2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 3 (8 1/2 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, quartered
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 -14 cups day-old French bread cubes, 1-inch cubes (about 1 loaf)
- 1/2 lb brie cheese, rind removed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Drain well. Once cool, squeeze as much water from spinach as possible then roughly chop and reserve.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until golden brown and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the artichokes and cook, stirring, another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- 4Combine the eggs, cream, milk, lemon juice, remaining 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, remaining 2 teaspoons salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the bread, spinach, artichoke mixture,1/4 cup Parmesan, and parsley and stir to combine. If bread does not absorb all of liquid immediately then let rest until this happens, about 20 minutes.
- 5Pour half the bread pudding mixture into the prepared dish. Dot with half the brie cubes. Pour the remaining half of the bread pudding mixture and dot with the other half of the brie cubes. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan over the top and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake until firm in the center and golden brown, about 1 hour. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Spinach Artichoke Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (1330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3142.9
- Calories from Fat 484
- Total Fat 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 214.1 mg
- Sodium 5760.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 541.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.5 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 127.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: