Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from "Fabulous '50s: Recipe Collection". This is sooooo good and is a great appetizer. I didn't sprinkle the almonds on top and it was still fantastic. Serve with Ritz Crackers. Enjoy!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon franks redhot original cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- vegetable dippers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat or process cream cheese in electric mixer or food processor unil smooth and creamy. Add crab, onion, horseradish, cayenne pepper sauce, and worcestershire sauce; beat or process until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto 9-inch pie plate. Top with almonds and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through and almonds are golden.
- Serve with crackers or vegetable dippers.