Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an excellent and different way to prepare acorn squash, which is generally given the sweet treatment. Roasting cubed, seasoned acorn squash transforms its flavor and texture into slightly sweet, garlicy and crispy bits of goodness.
- 1 acorn squash, large, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place acorn squash (cut into 1-inch cubes) onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle squash with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings and grated parmesan. Toss with hands until evenly coated. Arrange in a single layer.
- Roast squash for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and (using a spatula) turn pieces over. Return to oven for another 15-20 minutes or until squash cubes are tender and crispy brown to your preference.
- Cool for five minutes, serve and enjoy!
Made this tonight for the first time and it won't be the last. Absolutely delicious. Make sure you use a baking sheet where you'll get good browning, that's what makes the squash cubes crispy.