Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A simple prepared roast covered with sage and roasted to perfection. Serve with mashed potatoes and some greens and you have a great Sunday roast. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- 4 -5 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sage leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- heat oven to 350*F.
- coat roast with oil, rub sage over entire roast.
- place roast, fat side up on rack in roasting pan.
- sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- bake for 2 to 3 hours or until meat thermometer reaches 170*F (76*C).