Recipe by Jane from Ohio
This my sister's recipe. We took two loaves of this bread to take to a chille cook out last fall. Before the chilli was served, the bread was gone. I'm guessing on the servings
- 453.59 g unsliced round loaf sourdough bread
- 453.59 g monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 4.92-14.78 ml garlic salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread lengthwise without cutting through the bottom crust.
- Then cut bread crosswise without cutting throught the bottom crust.
- Insert cheese between cuts.
- Combine butter, onions and garlic salt.
- Drizzle over the bread.
- Wrap in foil.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- uncover and bake 10 minutes longer until cheese is melted.