Party Cheese Bread
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder and onion powder then set aside.
- Cut bread diagonally into 1-inch slices to within a 1/2-inch of the bottom of the loaf (DO NOT cut all the way through). Repeat cuts in opposite direction.
- Arrange cheese slices in the cuts then drizzle butter mixture over the bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes then uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a really delicious bread. And so easy to prepare, which I really liked. The mustard sauce gave the bread a nice kick that even my kids enjoyed. This would be a nice recipe to take to a potluck, or even for Super Bowl Sunday. Thanks, HokiesLady. This recipe is going right into my "keeper" file.
This had great flavor and was a great way to use up a sour dough loaf that had been given to me. The garlic butter mixture was really tasty and would probably be great on regular garlic bread. I found this a little awkward to eat, though. You sort of have to pull it apart, and some pieces get cheese and some don't. When you get a piece crisp from the garlic butter and gooey with cheese, though, it is quite dellightful! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag Game.
This was a nice change from regular garlic bread. I cut it down to two servings (1/16 of the recipe) and put the topping on slices of sourdought bread. The butter mix has a nice tang though the Jack cheese is a bit mild; I might try another reviewer's suggestion and add some Asiago or aged Parmesan. Made for Best of 2010 Tag
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>