1/1 Photo of Savory Mushroom Cups
1 hr 30 mins
Erin K. Brown's Note:
This is a fabulous recipe for parties and get-togethers! You can make it a few days ahead of time and store the mushroom filling in the fridge and the toast cups in an air tight container at room temp for a few days or in the freezer for up to a month. I have actually lost this recipe recently, so everything here is from memory. I'm a bit of a slap-dash cook anyways, so feel free to alter the amounts to your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and chop up all the mushrooms.
- 2Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- 3Melt the butter in a large stock pot.
- 4Add shallots, cook until slightly browning (about 2 minutes).
- 5Add mushrooms. Cook until liquid is mostly absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- 6Throw in the flour and stir.
- 7Add whipping cream and stir.
- 8Remove from heat and toss in all of the spices, stir until uniform.
- 9Set aside to cool. If storing for later, allow to cool before putting into the refrigerator.
- 10Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 11Spoon mushroom filling into toast cups (see instructions for toast cups below).
- 12Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes (cheese should be pretty melted).
- 13Serve hot.
- 14Toast Cups: Preheat over to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin tin (or mini muffin tin) with cooking spray. Using a plain or fluted biscuit cutter (2.5-3 inch size for the muffin tin and 1.5-2 inch size for minis), cut a round from each slice of bread and gently press into the muffin cups. Bake until edges are golden brown (about 10 minutes) and let they cool on a wire rack. If storing for future use, cool and then put into an air tight container.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Mushroom Cups
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 763.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.6 g