1/1 Photo of Savory Mushroom Cups
1 hr 30 mins
Erin K. Brown's Note:
This is a fabulous recipe for parties and get-togethers! You can make it a few days ahead of time and store the mushroom filling in the fridge and the toast cups in an air tight container at room temp for a few days or in the freezer for up to a month. I have actually lost this recipe recently, so everything here is from memory. I'm a bit of a slap-dash cook anyways, so feel free to alter the amounts to your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and chop up all the mushrooms.
- 2Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- 3Melt the butter in a large stock pot.
- 4Add shallots, cook until slightly browning (about 2 minutes).
- 5Add mushrooms. Cook until liquid is mostly absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- 6Throw in the flour and stir.
- 7Add whipping cream and stir.
- 8Remove from heat and toss in all of the spices, stir until uniform.
- 9Set aside to cool. If storing for later, allow to cool before putting into the refrigerator.
- 10Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 11Spoon mushroom filling into toast cups (see instructions for toast cups below).
- 12Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes (cheese should be pretty melted).
- 13Serve hot.
- 14Toast Cups: Preheat over to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin tin (or mini muffin tin) with cooking spray. Using a plain or fluted biscuit cutter (2.5-3 inch size for the muffin tin and 1.5-2 inch size for minis), cut a round from each slice of bread and gently press into the muffin cups. Bake until edges are golden brown (about 10 minutes) and let they cool on a wire rack. If storing for future use, cool and then put into an air tight container.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Mushroom Cups
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 763.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.6 g