Recipe by Barb G.
These are very good served warm with stews, soups or salads. Recipe may be cut in half and baked in an 8-inch square pan cut in squares while warm or bake in mini muffins for a nice appetizer with wine. They freeze very well; reheat in microwave on 30% power until just heated through.I found this recipe in our local paper.
- 1 lb zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives, well drained
- 6 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the zucchini and spread out on a platter or piece of waxed paper; sprinkle with salt and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini to a clean dish towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the muffin mix, egg substitute, milk, garlic powder,and oregano until just moistened; Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spray 18 muffins cups with pan spray; spoon in batter.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes, enjoy.