Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are very good served warm with stews, soups or salads. Recipe may be cut in half and baked in an 8-inch square pan cut in squares while warm or bake in mini muffins for a nice appetizer with wine. They freeze very well; reheat in microwave on 30% power until just heated through.I found this recipe in our local paper.
- 1 lb zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives, well drained
- 6 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
- cooking spray
- Grate the zucchini and spread out on a platter or piece of waxed paper; sprinkle with salt and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini to a clean dish towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the muffin mix, egg substitute, milk, garlic powder,and oregano until just moistened; Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spray 18 muffins cups with pan spray; spoon in batter.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes, enjoy.