Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
This is a recipe that has been developed and added to over several years. It is a great fast dinner, picnic or pot luck entree that has been well received.
- 12 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes
- Add 6 quarts water along with 3 tablespoons vinegar to a pan along with eggs and bring to a boil. Boil eggs for 12 minutes. (The vinegar keeps the eggs from cracking).
- While eggs are boiling chop green onion and cilantro and place in large bowel. Add all other ingredients except for tomatoes and mix well.
- Remove eggs from pan and place into a second pan or bowel filled with cold water and ice to cover. Allow to sit for two minutes. Leave pan used for boiling on burner and continue to boil water. Return eggs to boiling water for 1 minute and then return to cold water and peel. Eggs should peel very easy at this point.
- After peeling eggs ensure all shell material is removed and washed and then slice egg into pieces. Add egg to mayonnaise mixture and stir together well. If salad is too dry add mayonnaise to individual preference.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least 1 hour and then serve with the grape tomatoes sliced on bread of on a bead of lettuce.