Recipe by DAR Lady
Years ago a company called Sweet Celebrations sold supplies for cake decorators and caterers. They also produced a magazine called The Mailbox News. I found this recipe in that magazine and have been using it ever since. This pastry is so easy to work with and it never becomes tough no matter how much you handle it. The salt in the cottage cheese is just enough to give it a great flavor. It can also be used to wrap the small cocktail sausages in for hors d'oeuvres.
Directions See How It's Made
- I puree the cottage cheese before mixing in other ingredients because I like a smooth pastry but it isn't necessary.
- Mix the flour and butter in a food processor until the butter is the size of peas.
- Add the cottage cheese and continue mixing to form a ball.
- Let it rest in the fridge for half an hour and then roll out like pie crust.
- Line the pot pie container with crust, fill with filling, cover with a top crust sealing the edges, cut slits in top for steam to escape and bake @ 375 degrees until browned.