Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from USA Todays insert in our local paper found in Moms Grey Book...this is one of Pam Andersons recipes and goes well with Sausage and White Bean Soup.
- Adjust over rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Put a 12 cup muffin tin (with standard sized molds of 1/2 cup capacity) in oven to heat while preparing batter.
- Microwave Creamed Corn in a 1-quart pyrex type measuring cup to a full boil (or in a saucepan over medium heat) Stir in 1 cup of the cornmeal to make a very thick pasty mush. If the mush is not stiff, microwave an additional 30 seconds or so. Whisk in Buttermilk, then eggs, and finally butter.
- Mix remaining cornmeal with flour, salt, baking powder and soda in medium mixing bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined.
- Remove muffin tin from oven; coat with non-stick cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among cups (a spring action ice cream scoop works well for this) Bake until golden brown on sides and bottom, about 15 minutes. Turn onto wire rack; let cool 5 minutes. Serve.
- *** for picnics can be cooled to room temperature, wrapped in plastic and stored up to a day.
This was very good. I followed the directions exactly and turned out perfect. Also thiswasn't too sweet which makes this muffin a great side dish! I also got 16 good sized muffins instead of 12. Thanks for the recipe Chabear01!