1/3 Photos of Savory Corn Muffins
Taken from USA Todays insert in our local paper found in Moms Grey Book...this is one of Pam Andersons recipes and goes well with Sausage and White Bean Soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust over rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Put a 12 cup muffin tin (with standard sized molds of 1/2 cup capacity) in oven to heat while preparing batter.
- 2Microwave Creamed Corn in a 1-quart pyrex type measuring cup to a full boil (or in a saucepan over medium heat) Stir in 1 cup of the cornmeal to make a very thick pasty mush. If the mush is not stiff, microwave an additional 30 seconds or so. Whisk in Buttermilk, then eggs, and finally butter.
- 3Mix remaining cornmeal with flour, salt, baking powder and soda in medium mixing bowl.
- 4Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined.
- 5Remove muffin tin from oven; coat with non-stick cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among cups (a spring action ice cream scoop works well for this) Bake until golden brown on sides and bottom, about 15 minutes. Turn onto wire rack; let cool 5 minutes. Serve.
- 6*** for picnics can be cooled to room temperature, wrapped in plastic and stored up to a day.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 454.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g