Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great recipe I found on the back of a Ranch Style Brand can of Black Beans with Jalapeno Peppers. I recommend using organic brown rice and cooking it the long way (not instant) - it just tastes better.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, coursely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice, hot
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add green pepper and garlic.
- Cook until pepper is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cilantro and rice.
- Heat to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes, until pepper is tender.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve over rice.