Recipe by GirlFreitag
After rearranging my pantry I started dreaming up what to make with the artichokes I found...they are not usually my husbands favorite food, but he has requested I make this dish again!
Top Review by Pale Rose
I hate to be the damper on this recipe, but the combination of spices just didn't work. There was too much pepper for us. We think it would be a delightful dish without the vast combination of spices. If I were to make this recipe again, I would keep everything the same except for the flour/spice combination, and we'd just add parsley and rosemary. Other than that, it seems like a decent recipe. Thank you GirlFreitag!
- 2 chicken breasts, Boneless, Skinless, washed, patted dry then diced
- salt and pepper, to taste, do not be shy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, small, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage (optional)
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) jars artichoke hearts, Marinated, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Sharp, Shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt & pepper, sauté in butter until all sides of chicken pieces are seared. Add onion, sauté until translucent, then add mushrooms & cook another 3-4 minutes. Stir in the wine, sherry and vegetable broth, heat through.
- Mix flour and spices. Remove ½ C liquid from the chicken mix. With small whisk or fork combine reserved liquid with flour mix until paste is smooth. Add back into chicken/vegetable mixture until combined.
- Pour chicken mixture into the bottom of 7x11” baking dish. Intersperse artichoke hearts on top, then press into chicken mixture; top this with green onion and cheeses.
- You can cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until an hour or so before dinner time…or overnight to allow flavors to fully mingle.
- Uncover and place dish in a cold oven. Set temp to 375ÌŠ and bake 1 hour, or until bubbly. Serve over hot, short mafalda style noodles. Steamed broccoli accompanies this well.