Recipe by CooksWithScissors
No baking mix? No problem! You can still make those delicious 7up biscuits you've seen on Pinterest. This version adds fresh herbs for a savory flavor.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as dill and rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup Sprite or 1⁄4 cup other carbonated lemon-lime beverage
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and herbs.
- Slowly mix in butter, then yogurt, then lemon-lime soda. Dough will be smooshy and sticky!
- Using a wooden spoon or a large serving spoon, drop balls of dough onto parchment-papered baking sheet. There should be enough dough for about 6 medium-sized biscuits.
- Bake in 425˚F oven for about 15 minutes, or until the tops of the biscuits begin to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack.