Recipe by Btexeira
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This recipe hits 3 crucial food groups & is mashed potatoes with a twist!
- 1 (24 ounce) box Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 4 -6 links Italian sausage
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomatoes
- crushed black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the Italian sausage on a skillet that has been prepped with olive oil until light brown.
- Remove the sausage and chop into small pieces, set aside.
- Chop and sear the vegetables in a pan with a small amount of olive oil until cooked, set aside.
- Prepare the Simply mashed potatoes as directed on the box.
- Once the potatoes have been ready, place in a serving bowl. Add sausage and top with vegetables.
- Sprinkle a light amount of pepper over the top and your stunning spuds are ready to be enjoyed!