Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick, easy and delicious, low-carb side dish.
Make and share this Sauteed Zucchini With Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic and Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then cut into half moon slices
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat; add the olive oil, swirling to coat the pan. Add zucchini; cook, stirring often, until slightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic; cook, stirring, until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes; stir until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in the basil, salt and pepper to taste.
Very easy and tasty recipe. I used plum tomatoes that I removed the skin from and diced in place of the cherry tomatoes, but otherwise stayed true to the recipe. Served it with some spinach/cheese tortellini, and it was wonderful. A definite keeper.
Quick, pretty and tasty. I used very small zucchini and tiny cherry tomatoes and served with steak. Simple and good.
So good and so easy! I will definitely cook this often.