Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Zesty, with a pleasant tang.
Top Review by threeovens
This is just delicious! The contrast of the zucchini and the arugula is indescribable. The zucchini maintains its unique flavor, while the arugula takes on the lemony aura. I did make a couple of changes since I am unfamiliar with zucchini. I sliced it very thin into rounds and sautÃ©ed it to death with the garlic in butter until it was quite limp. Then I added the arugula until wilted and added salt, pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice. Keeper! Thanks for posting.
- 4 zucchini, coarsely shredded (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bunches arugula, finely shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the zucchini in a dry dish towel and wring out all the excess moisture; dry the squash carefully with a dry towel.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter; add in the zucchini; stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in the arugula and continue stirring for another minute or two.
- Add in the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; stir until combined.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust; serve immediately.