Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Zesty, with a pleasant tang.
- 4 zucchini, coarsely shredded (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bunches arugula, finely shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place the zucchini in a dry dish towel and wring out all the excess moisture; dry the squash carefully with a dry towel.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter; add in the zucchini; stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in the arugula and continue stirring for another minute or two.
- Add in the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; stir until combined.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust; serve immediately.
This is just delicious! The contrast of the zucchini and the arugula is indescribable. The zucchini maintains its unique flavor, while the arugula takes on the lemony aura. I did make a couple of changes since I am unfamiliar with zucchini. I sliced it very thin into rounds and sautÃ©ed it to death with the garlic in butter until it was quite limp. Then I added the arugula until wilted and added salt, pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice. Keeper! Thanks for posting.
Yumm!!! This is a great recipe!! I love the pairing of zucchini and arugula!!! All of these flavors balanced wonderfully together! I used my box-grater on the zucchini and it was actually fun because it grates really easily and fast! I did use just 1 TBSP butter and substituted olive oil for the other TBSP and it tasted great!! Thanks for this recipe, will definitely make again!!!