Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We served this at a dinner party served with risotto and it was a huge hit.
- 12 large sea scallops
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 shallots, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb mixed mushrooms, choose your favorites
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Season scallops with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil until smoking.
- Place scallops in pan and do not move them.
- Cook until crisp and golden brown, 5 or 6 minutes.
- In a 12-14 inch saute pan, heat remaining oil until smoking.
- Add shallots and saute until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and toss 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add vinegar and toss, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve 3 scallops per person.