Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A different take on Caesar Salad.
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 anchovies, rinsed and minced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb oyster mushroom, cleaned and diced
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, packed and torn
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Dressing: combine the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a skillet, add the vegetable oil and saute the oyster mushrooms for 5 - 8 minutes or until tender and brown. Cool slightly.
- Toss the greens with enough dressing to coat. Divide among 6 plates and top with the sautéed mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
I was really looking forward to making this recipe.. and then I found out all my mushrooms went bad! I already made the dressing though so I made some quick croutons and had myself a simple more traditional caesar salad instead. It was delicious! So I can't vouch for the salad and mushrooms together (though of course I'm sure it'd be just as or even more wonderful) but the dressing is great. The only thing I'd probably do differently next time though is cut down the lemon juice just a tad since I think I'd rather have my dressing a little less citrusy for a caesar salad. I also ended up using sardines since I didn't have anchovies, so I'll have to try it with anchovies next time around (and the mushrooms as well!) Great quick and easy recipe. Thanks!