In ' 2009 Christmas with Southern Living'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs assorted mixed mushrooms, quartered (or sliced, shiitake, baby bella, fresh button)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup toasted salted pistachio nut, coarsely chopped
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat; add in mushrooms; cook 10 minutes (do not stir).
- 2Add in butter; stir until butter melts; add in onion and next 3 ingredients; cook/stir occasionally, 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 3Decrease heat to medium; add in cream and sage, stir well.
- 4Cook/stir constantly, 1 minute or until cream thickens.
- 5Transfer mushrooms to a serving bowl; sprinkle with pistachios.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Mushrooms With Sage and Pistachios
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.0
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 360.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar