Prep 30 mins
Cook 17 mins
In ' 2009 Christmas with Southern Living'
Make and share this Sauteed Mushrooms With Sage and Pistachios recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs assorted mixed mushrooms, quartered (or sliced, shiitake, baby bella, fresh button)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄4 cup toasted salted pistachio nut, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat; add in mushrooms; cook 10 minutes (do not stir).
- Add in butter; stir until butter melts; add in onion and next 3 ingredients; cook/stir occasionally, 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Decrease heat to medium; add in cream and sage, stir well.
- Cook/stir constantly, 1 minute or until cream thickens.
- Transfer mushrooms to a serving bowl; sprinkle with pistachios.