Recipe by breezermom
This is great to make at Thanksgiving...it tastes as good at room temperature as it does when it is hot, so you can move it off the stove to make room for more cooking! It's also quick to make, so its perfect for weeknight dinners. From Southern Living, but altered to my tastes.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefrozen green beans, steam-in-bag type
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the green beans according to the package instructions.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Saute the shallots over medium to medium high heat, depending on your preference of crispness. (I like them crisp). Add minced garlic if you are using it. (Add when shallots are almost to your desired level of doneness).
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and grape tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Saute 2 more minutes.