Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Modified from the dallasnews.com -- Originally published in The Dallas Morning News on November 22, 1998. Recipe from The Cook's Bible: The Best of American Home Cooking by Christopher Kimball.
- Toast the walnuts in a medium-heat iron skillet, on the stove top, stirring constantly until fragrant ~ be careful they don't burn!
- Steam beans until barely tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
- In a saute pan, heat the butter, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and chicken stock over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer until beans are cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Top beans with the walnuts and serve.
- Makes 4 servings.
Delicious and very easy. Great mix of flavors and loved the added crunch of the walnuts. Will try it again with pecans. Thanks for a keeper.
The toasted walnuts bring soooo much to these pleasant beans. I did have to use frozen beans instead of fresh but other than that stuck to the recipe. Thanks so much for the post.