1/2 Photos of Sauteed Green Beans With Lemon and Walnuts
Modified from the dallasnews.com -- Originally published in The Dallas Morning News on November 22, 1998. Recipe from The Cook's Bible: The Best of American Home Cooking by Christopher Kimball.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the walnuts in a medium-heat iron skillet, on the stove top, stirring constantly until fragrant ~ be careful they don't burn!
- 2Steam beans until barely tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
- 3In a saute pan, heat the butter, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and chicken stock over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the beans and simmer until beans are cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- 5Top beans with the walnuts and serve.
- 6Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Green Beans With Lemon and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 271.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g