1/2 Photos of Sauteed Cucumber With Herbs
Who's have thought about sauteed Cucumber? Try this for something different, elegant and tasty. Borrowed and adapted from a book called "Salads and Summer Dishes".Note: Now that I have been making this a while I thought I'd pass some tips... using dried rosemary results in less flavour, fresh gives more, but it's a bit of a "tough"herb, so I put it in with the onion and slow and *gently* saute them both. when adding the sour cream, be careful because if the mix is too hot it will split a little and presentation will be less, but even if it splits, don't worry the favour of the infused rosmary in the sour cream is wonderful... I even used my fingers to get the last of it onto the cucumber! And the cuccumber itself? Wow I am very pleasently surprised, I hope that you try this and share a whole new delicious way of eating cuccumber. ZWT REGION: France.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a sharp fork, score the cucumber by running the tines down the length of the cucumber (makes it pretty).
- 2Cut the cucumber into 5 cm lengths (2 inch) and then each piece length-ways into quarters, removing the seeds.
- 3Melt butter in frypan, add shallots/onion and saute until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- 4Add cucumber pieces, together with rosemary, sugar, salt and pepper, cook for 5 minutes only, stir frequently.
- 5Remove pan from the heat and stir in sour cream, garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Cucumber With Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.2 mg
- Sodium 80.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g