1/1 Photo of Sauteed Asparagus W/ Bacon
I saw a recipe similar to this while watching Iron Chef. This isn't the exact recipe used, but it's pretty close. Only one pan is used, so cleanup is minimal. Saute the garlic in oil for a minute or so before adding the asparagus if you like your garlic crunchy & toasty tasting. This is the only way I can get my picky husband to eat asparagus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tough ends off asparagus.
- 2Bundle together 3-4 asparagus stalks & wrap, bottom to top, with a slice or two of bacon.
- 3Tuck loose bacon end between asparagus stalks to secure.
- 4Repeat with the rest of the asparagus.
- 5Heat Olive Oil in skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add chopped garlic & asparagus bundles to skillet.
- 7Saute 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until asparagus is tender & bacon is cooked.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Asparagus W/ Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.9
- Calories from Fat 523
- Total Fat 58.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 961.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 16.0 g