Spanish Tapas - Asparagus W/Orange and Lemon Sauce
Spanish tapas are smaller and multiple dishes served in one seating and is a wonderful chance at tasting more variety in one meal. I have more tapas listed.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can white asparagus (or green)
- 2 large egg yolks, hard-boiled
- 1 raw egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 pinch salt, and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Drain the asparagus in a sieve.
- Chop the hard-boiled egg yolks and mix with the raw egg yolk.
- Add the orange and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Gradually add the olive oil, beating as if for mayonnaise.
- Check seasoning to taste.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and add to the sauce.
- Arrange the well-drained asparagus on a serving dish, pour sauce over top and decorate with slices of orange and lemon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Finally I managed to get hold of some very nice, fresh asparagus & after that putting together this recipe was a breeze! We absolutely enjoyed the use of the lemon & OJ in this sauce ~ It livened up this vegetable so much! And, since I use citrus zest whenever I can, I took Rita's suggestion & added a bit of both for A REALLY SMASH HIT SAUCE! Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Went to the Market tag]
I cooked the green asparagus in the micro just till tender. The directions are not clear on the cooking of then. I did boil extra eggs for egg salad and used the lemon sauce for the dressing of them. There is plenty of sauce left over. This is so creamy and airy very lighty flavored with the citrus. Some lemon and orange zest would be a nice addition to it. I made for ZWT 5. Enjoyed. 'muchas gracias'. ;)