Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos W/ Bacon
photo by gammy in tx
- Ready In:
- 24 jalapenos
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 12 slices bacon, sliced in half
- Devein jalapenos by scraping insides with a potatoe piller.
- Wash well.
- Stuff each jalapeno with approx 1 oz of cream cheese. (we buy the packets at our local wholesale supplier). They come with several in a package but each PACKET is one ounce and you can easily squeese it into the jalapenos this way). MUCH easier than using a spoon.
- Slice bacon in 1/2.
- Top the opening of each jalapeno with 1/2 slice of bacon and secure with a tooth pick.
- Cook on grill or open flame until done. We prefer the jalapeno to be black in some parts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a frequent request at my house, very tasty and easy. These can also be baked in the oven if you don't have a grill. Just place them on a rack (with something placed underneath to catch the bacon grease, of course), pop them in a 375 degree oven until the bacon is done, usually 30 minutes or so.
The best and easiest recipe for these I have found and tested! I do add that, my personal preference, that I cook the bacon 2/3 of the way in the microwave since the bacon is raw while the peppers and cream cheese only need to warm up for effect. Doing this to the bacon, for me, ensures that the bacon will be extra crisp AND cooked thoroughly....thanks for having such an amazing recipe and thanks to RecipeZaar for being such a great help! Leticia Hernandez Pearland, Texas email@example.com
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a grandmother of 5 grandSONS, married for 40 years and have 2 grown children and I guess you figured I'm a native Texan... have lived here all my life and will most likely die here. My favorite place in the whole world is The Great Smoky Mountains. I love the beauty, nature, wildlife and history...it feel like I am HOME!</p>