- 4 apples, cored and peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice apples into rounds (shaped like a donut) and about 3/8 inch thick.
- Melt butter in a pan and then toss the apples and sugar into the pan.
- Cook over high heat turning the apples frequently so they do not burn, but caramelize nicely.
- If they are not tender once caramelized, then add 1/4 cup water to creat a little steam.
- When tender add in the currants and pine nuts and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add in the apple juice and cinnamon and cook until all is absorbed.