Recipe by IOjaw
Having unpredictable weather? Although it looks complicated, this is a simple marinated beef recipe that allows for a bad weather alternative on those unexpected rainy days that prevent grilling...
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered clove
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion (cut into strips)
- 1 lb sirloin beef
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon walnuts (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- fresh parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix cilantro, oregano, cayenne, clove and garlic.
- Place in a large resealable (zip-style works best) plastic bag.
- Add soy sauce, 1/4 cup olive oil, and onion.
- Close and shake until well-blended.
- Open and add steak.
- Reseal and shake until steak is well-coated.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly mix basil, walnuts, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small container.
- Place in refrigerator.
- If the weather permits, you can use the marinated steak and onions for grilling. Otherwise, approximately 20 minutes prior to serving, remove the steak and slice into strips.
- Place the steak, onions, and marinade in a skillet on medium heat.
- When thoroughly cooked, turn down heat to low and add cornstarch.
- While the steak with sauce is thickening, thoroughly mix walnut mixture into hot rice.
- Place on serving plates and top with finished steak and onion mixture.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.
- ***My Diced Avocado-Tomato Salad with Parsley -Lemon Vinaigrette made a great accompaniment -- .