Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This is another "Woman's World" magazine, 2005 goodie. These chicken breasts are wonderful. The sauce is divine. Excellent!
Top Review by Adelinkat
Great Recipe, the sauce is amazing. I have made this dish several times and everyone I serve it to loves it. Serve it with something to soak up all the yummy sauce, like mashed potatoes. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened. Season both sides with ½ teaspoon salt. Place ¼ cup flour in a small glass baking dish and drag the chicken in it. Discard excess flour.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon flour; stir to coat. Add wine, broth, and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt; bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until heated through, about 6 minutes. Stir in sour cream and mustard until smooth; turn the chicken to coat with the sauce. Stir in chives and serve immediately.