Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From More Recipes from a Kitchen Garden – Shepherd’s Garden Seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 chunks
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil.
- Add squash and garlic and toss well to coat with oil.
- Sauté slowly over very low heat, stirring frequently, for about 30 minutes, until squash is golden and tender. Add a tablespoon or two of water if squash begins to stick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle sage and parsley over squash and mix to combine well.
Very quick, savory way to prepare butternut squash. I made this just as written, just added some extra garlic cloves. I covered the skillet so mine cooked a little quicker and did not stick or dry out at all. The sage and parsley were great, but I think I would have liked a bit more flavor. Next time I was still use the sage and also add some rosemary and thyme while it cooks. Maybe also a drizzle of fresh lemon juice. Thanx for posting this!