Recipe by Barb in WNY
These are simple to make in the microwave s well as very good. Frankfurters or Kielbasa works well.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sausage around the outside rim of a 10-inch circular microwave safe platter, leaving the center open.
- Cook, uncovered on HIGH, 2 to 4 minutes, until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-quart serving casserole combine the remaining ingredients.
- Cook, uncovered on HIGH for 3-5 minutes, or until boiling; stirring halfway through cooking.
- Serve by placing the sauce in the center of the platter and serving the sausage with toothpicks, or you can stir the sausage into the sauce.
- Note: low-sugar preserves workas well/.
- For variation: Substitute grape or current jelly for the preserves.