1/1 Photo of Sausage Turnovers
This is another one of those recipes from the club, long ago. Made them, and Ashton devoured almost all of them!!!!!! So they're quite tasty
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water (105Â°F-115Â°F)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
FOR THE FILLING
- 8 ounces sausage, Crumbled
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, Lightly Beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until it begins to foam, about 5-10 minutes.
- 2Stir parmesan, oil, salt and pepper into yeast mixture. Using an electric mixer set on low speed, beat in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until soft dough forms.
- 3On a floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, 5-10 minutes, adding more flour to prevent sticking. Place dough in a large greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover loosely with a damp cloth; let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 40 minutes.
- 4In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring, until browned. Drain on paper towels. In a large bowl, combine sausage, bread crumbs, egg, Parmesan, parsley and thyme; mix well.
- 5Grease 2 baking sheets. Punch down dough. On a floured surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a knife, cut dough in squares and circles.
- 6Spoon filling into center of each dough piece.
- 7Brush edges with water. Fold dough to form packets. Place on baking sheets. Cover loosely; let rise 25 minutes.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F Brush turnovers with egg. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake about 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 155.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g