Recipe by KelBel
This is a fantastic stuffing that can be used for mushrooms, squash, or even those crispy filo cups found in the freezer section of stores. Once you try this simple stuffing, you'll be looking for things to stuff it in.
Top Review by Beth A.
Very tasty! I used mild sausage, because I thought stuffing jalapeno peppers with the hot sausage would make them too hot, but I was wrong! Next time I will use the hot sausage, and there will be a next time! Thank you for sharing this.
- 20 jalapenos or 40 button mushrooms
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prepare jalapenos: Slit lengthwise completely in half. Remove seeds and veins (wear gloves).
- Prepare mushrooms: Clean and remove stems. Discard stems or save for other use.
- Crumble and brown sausage, garlic, and onion on medium heat until sausage is cooked through. Drain grease if desired.
- Add cream and cheddar cheeses and stir on low until melted together.
- Stuff pepper halves/mushrooms.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.