Chef #271118 Sue Gunnell's Note:
Here's a quick, hearty, one-pot soup I found in our local newspaper which we all enjoyed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 large sausages (1 pound, cut in 1-inch pieces*)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, mince
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can consomme
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 medium cabbage, finely diced (1 pound)
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely diced
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1In large, heavy soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil and add sausages and onions.
- 2Fry sausages and onions, turning until browned on all sides, about three minutes.
- 3Add garlic, turn heat down to medium and continue to saute for two minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes, consomme and chickpeas, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Add cabbage and zucchini and simmer, covered, a few more minutes, just until vegetables become tender, or al dente.
- 6Serve, sprinkled with parsley and Parmesan.
- 7* Add a few more sausages to extend dish to five or six servings.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (705 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.1
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 1626.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 23.4 g