Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a quick, hearty, one-pot soup I found in our local newspaper which we all enjoyed.
Make and share this Sausage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 large sausages (1 pound, cut in 1-inch pieces*)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, mince
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can consomme
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 medium cabbage, finely diced (1 pound)
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely diced
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In large, heavy soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil and add sausages and onions.
- Fry sausages and onions, turning until browned on all sides, about three minutes.
- Add garlic, turn heat down to medium and continue to saute for two minutes.
- Add tomatoes, consomme and chickpeas, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cabbage and zucchini and simmer, covered, a few more minutes, just until vegetables become tender, or al dente.
- Serve, sprinkled with parsley and Parmesan.
- * Add a few more sausages to extend dish to five or six servings.