Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
When you want comfort food, this is it! www.recipezaar.com
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup fiesta Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions (French's original)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 12 inch skillet, cook sausage until browned.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked rice, green chilies, mushrooms, soup milk and cheese.
- Stir in the cooked sausage, transfer to a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes, then add the fried onions and cook uncovered 10 minutes more.