Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a combination of a few recipes I have tried here on recipezaar! This is so easy and delicious, perfect for company.
- 2 (13 ounce) bags sausage-filled ravioli or 2 (13 ounce) bags meat ravioli
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 8 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 roma tomato (diced)
- 1 large portabella mushroom
- 2 tablespoons butter
- For Sauce:.
- In a sauce pan melt cream cheese.
- Add milk, cream and parmesan.
- Whisk together.
- Simmer until thick and creamy.
- Cut Portabello mushroom into thin strips.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet and sautee until mushrooms are tender.
- Add mushrooms to sauce along with the diced tomatoes and spinach.
- Pour sauce over pasta and top with parmesan cheese!
Delicious! I couldn't find any sausage ravioli anywhere, so I went with sausage tortellini instead. Upon first taste, I thought that the sauce seemed a bit bland, but once everything was put together and topped with the extra cheese, it was just right. Very good freshly made, but I think it tasted even better the next day, after the flavors had a chance to blend. This is super-quick to make, too, because all three cooked components of the recipe (pasta, mushrooms and sauce) can be done simultaneously if you want. Very rich, so this wouldn't be an all-the-time dish for us, but I'd definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!
Made for Fall PAC 2008 This was pretty good! The only thing I would do differently is to add garlic and salt. I might add some pepper of some sort for a little heat. It was very fast to make as well. Thank you so much! I would make this again!
We really enjoyed this. I did use cremini mushrooms instead of portabella because I had some that needed to be used. I used lowfat cream cheese and skim milk. My sauce ended up a bit thin but I assume that it is because of my own substitutions so that didn't affect my rating. Using the full fat cream cheese would probably have thickened it up but it was still wonderful the way it was. Thanks Cadylynn